BABAM!book - cheatsheets for musicians
A collection of per-instrument cheatsheets for songs BABAM plays most often.
Most of our songs are simple melody / bass part splits. If you have one melody instrument and some low brass or a bari sax... you've got a band!
We also do a lot of chant-backing, most often in Bb (here are some notes on simple Bb improv) and some songs we will come back to but have not put into full cheatsheet form yet:
- Doopity-Doof Song / Doof Goes The Weasels - a mocking, jeering song which (along with Ride of the Valkyries was put to get effect by this tuba player to mock white supremacists.
- El Pueblo Unido / The People United important song from Latin America
- Bella Ciao important song of anti-Fascist fighters
- We're Not Gonna Take It has been used by Ukraine folk fighting the Russian invasion
- The Tide is Rising Climate change protest song
The Cheatsheets (by instrument)Below are links to instrument-specific pages that you can quickly reference on a smartphone (maybe put a bookmark on your phones app list!) or from a printout.
When appropriate, finger/slide positions are indicated, to help musicians less famililar with reading charts. (For saxophones and keyboard parts, note names are given)
- (Bb Treble Clef Melody Part with Trumpet/Baritone fingerings indicated)
- Alto Sax
- (Eb Treble Clef melody parts)
- C Melody
- (treble clef melody in C with note names indicated)
- (Concert bass clef melody part with Trombone Positions indicated )