what is this?
This is a graphical editor for large images that can output code ready to run on an Atari 2600.
It can generate sample code for 48px sprite-based or various Playfield images. You can even import a PNG or JPG and it will do its best to show you a monochrome version you can then re-color as needed.
Note that the generated code samples are not going to well-tuned for ROM usage etc, epecially in terms of colors.
- Karl Garrison for making kernels
- Random Terrain for the DPC+ template and general bB wisdom storage.
sourceFork me at github. You can also download the zip for your own personal offline use!
requestIf you find this tool useful, drop me a line at email@example.com or a shoutout to @kisrael at Atari Age Forums, or ping Kirk Israel on Facebook.
- description/notes of each kernel...
- save/restore to local storage??
- more fonts
- local storage for drafts (or explicit save/new?)
- new kernel modes: PF (mirrored assym, just mirrored, etc)
- share text tool, dynamic fonts
- import from source code
- pass globals into kernel functions
- allow color changes indpendent of scanlines per pixel??
- BUG: AssymPF1Scanline - not working right
import image file(Web formats (JPG, PNG, etc) supported.
All files handled locally in browser.)