what is this?
This is a graphical editor for large images that can output code ready to run on an Atari 2600.
Want a 48 pixel splash screen minikernel for your batari Basic or assembly game? We got that. Want the properly flipped bits for your assembly Playfield? (Assymmetric, Mirrored, or Repeated?) We got that. Want to import an existing image file as a background graphic? We got that!
Note that the generated code samples are not going to well-tuned for ROM usage etc, epecially in terms of colors.
- Karl Garrison for making assorted kernels and general dialog
Terrain for the DPC+ template and general bB wisdom storage.
- Mike "RevEng" Saarna for the batari Basic Titlescreen kernel
sourceFork me at github. You can also download the zip for your offline use!
requestIf you find this tool useful, drop me a line at firstname.lastname@example.org or a shoutout to @kisrael at Atari Age Forums, or ping Kirk Israel on Facebook.
- Big Features (high priority)
- current bytes as text, not just download File
- multiple frames for bB Title Kernel
- Small Features (maybes)
- Center canvas on screen?
- show estimate of ROM size
- save/restore to local storage??
- show current color selection in color picker?
- more fonts
- surface font editor
- import from source code
- allow color changes indpendent of scanlines per pixel??
- undo should probably deal with modes etc as well as content
runnable source code
import image file(Web formats (JPG, PNG, etc) supported.
All files handled locally in browser.
The import is geared at shrinking large images
(vs pixel-perfect import of an already scaled image))